Jen Karnik joins us for a discussion of cryptids and other mysteries of science as we go in search of the Impossibly Large Bird of Juneau.
Governor Dunleavy announced his vetoes.
- ADN: Gov. Dunleavy vetoes $444 million from Alaska state operating budget
- ADN: Here’s a rundown of Gov. Dunleavy’s line-item budget vetoes
- Juneau Empire: Dunleavy’s Red Pen
- AK Public Media: Dunleavy unveils line item vetoes and signs operating budget
- ADN: Getting votes to override will be difficult
- Forbes: Universities Are Economic And Knowledge Engines – A Proposed 41% Cut In Alaska Is Scary
In this “shutdown-averting” episode of Hello Alaska, we discuss the PFD, legislative strategy, and what might be down the road for Alaska. Or over the cliff. It’s a whole lot of conjecture and guesswork as we wait to see where and if the axe falls.
- Download: Unabridged Conversation (49 minutes)
Here are the dueling charts provided by Legislative Finance and the Office of Management and Budget. The same but different:
Looking in on the Governor’s roadshow, line item vetoes, and some reflections on privilege and institutional racism.
The HFIN Roadshow, the 30th anniversary of the Exxon Valdez oil spill, a big win for the underdogs and some southeast Alaska music featuring Air Jazz.
Unpacking a SFIN presentation by David Teal from the Legislative Finance Division and Pat made this cartoon budget explainer!
A little SFIN/HFIN audio montage and continuing first impressions of the Dunleavy budget.
In this episode we talk about the proposed Dunleavy Budget.
Today we talk privatization, ethics and Tammie Wilson. Still no organization in the House. Still waiting on the budget.