Jen Karnik joins us for a discussion of cryptids and other mysteries of science as we go in search of the Impossibly Large Bird of Juneau.
Governor Dunleavy announced his vetoes.
- ADN: Gov. Dunleavy vetoes $444 million from Alaska state operating budget
- ADN: Here’s a rundown of Gov. Dunleavy’s line-item budget vetoes
- Juneau Empire: Dunleavy’s Red Pen
- AK Public Media: Dunleavy unveils line item vetoes and signs operating budget
- ADN: Getting votes to override will be difficult
- Forbes: Universities Are Economic And Knowledge Engines – A Proposed 41% Cut In Alaska Is Scary
In this “shutdown-averting” episode of Hello Alaska, we discuss the PFD, legislative strategy, and what might be down the road for Alaska. Or over the cliff. It’s a whole lot of conjecture and guesswork as we wait to see where and if the axe falls.
- Download: Unabridged Conversation (49 minutes)
Here are the dueling charts provided by Legislative Finance and the Office of Management and Budget. The same but different:
Looking in on the Governor’s roadshow, line item vetoes, and some reflections on privilege and institutional racism.